Wednesday, June 11

First Christmas Card

Challenge 13 on Cute Card Thursday

Xmas Cards
The challenge this week is to make a Christmas card!
and I used the sketch from our SBS-15 challenge! Thanks Sammi for the awesome sketch. It was very challenging!




So here's my first Christmas card this year, seeing as I NEEDED to ink my Dress up Lily what better way then in her Christmas outfit, with glittery wings and glossy candy!

I found the two circles difficult so made the top one a window and lined with acetate that I stamped snow flakes onto! You couldn't see the snowflakes so I put a darker colour behind!


LOVING Dress up Lily, I stamped her using the masking technique. I added liquid applique to her hat and boots, left to dry completely before heating with heat tool so that it puffs up, very pleased with it!



click images to enlarge

Materials:
Paper: DCWV Xmas stack, Bluebell 2tones, cream cartridge,
Ink: Black & white Staz On, White colourbox, watercolours, white liquid applique.
Other: Ivory ribbon, white ep, glaze and stardust pens, acetate, 3D foam.

Thanks for visiting come again soon. HuGs Kim x

7 comments:

Jessica Smith said...

This is cute I usually don't even think of Christmas cards until 2week before I should do the challenge and get some done early.

Andrea, said...

Fabulous Xmas card, that is such a cute image and as always your colouring is perfect.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

kerry said...

Fantastic card Kim!
Lo is fab & I love the colours & pp's you've used. Makes me think I should start my Xmas cards now, then it wouldn't be a mad rush....lol.
Kerry xxx

Rima said...

wow christmas cards already haha it looks great Kim!!

I have sent your goodies today!! Hope you enjoy them :)

x
Rima

Sammi said...

hey Kim - Great job!!

I love your card!!

It was quite challenging - I agree! More than I anticipated it to be!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! I need to start on my Christmas cards (as I say every year, but never do).

Dawny P said...

Hi Kim, hope you are ok and having a great weekens. LOVE this card - Lily is sooo cute and you have coloured her in so beautifully xxxx

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites