Tuesday, December 9

Stamper of the Year? Nearly...

As I have mentioned... this year I decided to enter as many competitions and stuff that I could. That being said I found out at the weekend that I made shortlist for Card of the year, Yippee,

Here is the cover of the latest Craft Stamper magazine with my winning entries...



These are two of my favourite cards, just love the different details. The first is very similar to another card I had made, still dimensional paper piecing just using different stamps and papers! I painted distress crackle paint on base as before and inked in white! The snowflake is cut from shrink and glittered!


Materials:
Paper: BG Figgy, white card, grey board, printed vellum (insert)
Die's: Sizzix - flower layers, flower layers #4, build a flower, Accent with flower, Holly & berries, snowflake, Cut'bg - Tag, Nestabilities - Ovals
Stamps: WOJ - Winter Charlotte with cat, PTI -
Mixed messages, Basic Grey Clear Stamp Set -journal flourish, Paper Artsy - snowflakes
Ink: Colourbox - greens, StazOn - black, Brilliance - gold, midnight white, Copic Markers, Sakura pens.
Other: Glossy accents, Crackle paint, pearl gems, adhesive gems, stickles, 3D foam.



This second one I flocked a side of adhesive sheet with red fun flock then place over inked stamp and ironed the back... like you would velvet stamping. I then used copic marker to add some shadows on the flock, cut the coat out and raised on 3d foam over stamped and coloured image! It feels lovely like a velvet coat, very christmassy to me!




Materials:
Paper: Hand made velvet paper, white card, printed vellum (insert)
Stamps: WOJ - Willow with lantern

Ink: StazOn - black, Brilliance - gold, Copic Markers, Sakura pens.
Other: Glossy accents, adhesive gems, stickles, 3D foam.

or have a look here I have made a photo slide as I seem to take huge amount of photos when my little creation's are about to up & leave me!




Thanks as always for your comments I love receiving them, makes my day to read them! Will be back to upload more soon... bit of a busy week have a few things I need to get finished for posting Arrrrrhhh!!! HuGs Kim x

16 comments:

Chris said...

WOWee Kim, brilliant news and I'm so happy for you! Your cards are absolutely stunning and so full of wonderful techniques and creativity, I love them. Chris x

Catherine said...

woo hooo congratulations. maybe i can start entering my stuff next year :)

Both cards are just STUNNING!

Unknown said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!!
....Sharon

Lisadwb said...

I can see why you made the short list- you are good!!
Love the velvet!! Both cards are beautiful- as usual.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being published!! That must feel awesome!! Your cards are awesome~
~Lacey

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Those are both BEAUTIFUL cards! Amazing!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed! (But not surprised!) Congratulations!!!

Katarina said...

Waaay to go! Congratulations. My dream is to get something published too. Haven't sent in anything yet, but I'm full of ideas.

kamadesign.blogspot.com

Stempelhexe said...

Das sind wunderschöne Karten, einfach traumhaft.

LG
Ulla

craftyb said...

Huge congratulations Kim...what an honour to get shortlisted...good luck for the "final"...your cards are fab...I'm itching to touch that red velvet dress!! LOL bx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh well done Kim. Such lovely cards. Kim

Kath Stewart said...

wowee big congrats on being shortlisted in Craft Stamper...haven't got my copy yet...fingers crossed for you....and congrats too on the BG DT...you are so talented....just love all the stuff you do
Hugs
kath
xxxxxx

Heather said...

Congrats Kim, tow gorgeous cards, love your use of different techniques.
Sorry for lack of visits & comments. PC playing at silly so & so's. Keeps crashing or taking me somewhere I don't wanna be, which means everything takes me forever.
hugs Heather xx

Jami said...

Congratulations!! These cards are both amazing and it's no wonder they made publication!! That red velvet dress is just divine!!
hugs, Jami

Sammi said...

big CONGRATULATIONS Kim!!!
These cards (like all your cards) are AMAZING!! Love them!
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

lol,so nice

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites