Saturday, January 10

BG Challenge 17 - Chipboard


For this weeks challenge we would like to see you use some chipboard in your creations, fear not if you don't have any chipboard though, a good alternative is to recycle think cardboard that is usually found in boxes, simply cut some shapes from it, decorate it how you please and your good to go :), and of course not to forget to use at least one item from BasicGrey somewhere on your creation...


...well, I've had this chipboard since I purchased my 2 scoops collection which is about a year ago and I'm only using it now (shame on me!) The background is created with a few tears and some ripping and a little of Tim's paper distresser. Then ink pad skipping over all the edges and the paper lace. I have die cut the flower in different 2scoops papers and layered to make the chip board form a stalk.

I had a little disaster with the bookplate shape and it has now been inked, sanded, reinked, rubbed, distressed and few other effects (efforts) I believe it started pink and now it's green! I stamped sentiment and heated with white embossing powder finished off with a touch of bling and 2 scoops brads! The butterfly is my own version of grand adhesion's I've punched the butterfly three times and layered, love this effect!

click pictures to enlarge

Materials:
Paper: BG - 2scoops, white pearl cardstock,
Stamps: PTI -
Remember,
Die's: Sizzix - flower layers, Punch - butterfly
Ink: Versamark, distress inks, chalk inks, Colourbox - dark moss,
Other: BG - 2scoops chip stickers, 2scoops brads, tim's edge distresser, paper lace, adhesive gems & bling, 3D foam,

Thanks for stopping by and I've missed a couple of days I will try and get another posted if the time allows! Have a great Saturday and enjoy the BG challenge, HuGs Kim x

14 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous, stunning, divine and totally amazing as always ! I love it all.

Thank's for the award - so kind of you to think of us all !

Take care and hugs,

Jo x

Tara said...

Hey Kim, this is beautiful and must have taken you ages to create! I love it! xx

~amy~ said...

stunning card...GOOD for you for using your stash...

Powerful Search Engine said...

I love your interpretation of chipboard and that flower looks so amazing! Pascale :)

Anonymous said...

I think your card is awesome!! I love all the layers and all the chipboard elements on it. I think the bookplate looks great and the color is perfect for the card. Thanks for the blog award. I will have to work on that for the coming week.

Sammi said...

It's gorgeous Kim!! Love the softness and the layers!! Great colours!
Sammi
xxx

Unknown said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous! I love every little bit of it!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous
He is one fine bird!
I think the moving of the tail adds that bit of added interest!

Hugs
Dawn

Dawn said...

Ooops wrong post above!

This is another beautiful card - that flower is amazing!

I love how your cards have such dimension..

Heather said...

STUNNING - love the colours and the Two Scoops papers are perfect for the overall 'dreamy' effect of this card. I'm glad you had a disaster with the bookplate shape and it is now green as I think it leaves the flower to really 'pop' from the card.
Gorgeous job with the stalks too.
hugs Heather xx

Kelly Schelske said...

So pretty and soft Kim, love the colors, you rocked this challenge!!

Hugs, K

Chris said...

So beautiful Kim! The flower is perfection and the colours and all the layers are stunning. You made me laugh about your bookplate but it was worth all your effort, it's a wonderful finishing touch and the green is perfect. Chris x

AB. said...

This is a truly stunning card! The colours & the features are gorgeous. I love your flower detail. This is my favourite card of the challenge!!!
Peace & Love
Alison xx

laury55 said...

your card is fabulous, I love it and the shape of the chipboard is really lovely

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites