Saturday, February 14

Basic Grey Challenge - Hearts


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Challenge 22 - Hearts

As today is a very special day, we would like you to get all loved up in your creations and show us some hearts, it can be any size and any quantity of hearts you wish, and also not forgetting to use at least one item from BasicGrey somewhere on your creation.


This is quite a busy card for me but just went with the flow... I have coloured this super cute image with copic markers, I have gone over the colours with the colourless blender to create softer more muted tones to coordinate with the patterned papers! After cutting with a nesties die I have gone over the whole image with distress inks!

The flourishes are similar to a previous creation... I have stamped directly onto the dp and cut out, hand shaped and have raised on 3d foam. The little hearts are die cut and I have embellished them with a glitter marker so they sparkle just a little. The sentiment has been stamped onto a shape die cut from kraft card and inked edges, as has the heart button. There's really a lot of hearts on this card... the background paper, the pockets, the button, the sticker trim, the glitter hearts, and a little heart swirled in the bottom corner!


click images for close up!

Materials:
Paper: Basic Grey - Bittersweet, heavy weight cartridge, PTI - kraft card
Stamps:
Sugar Nellie - Simon & Lola, Basic Grey - Ambrosia Halvah,Inspire me, PTI - mixed messages,
Die's: Sizzix - background shapes, hearts, heart button, Nestabilities - Circles
Ink: Impress - Black, Tim's - Distress inks, colourbox queues, American Crafts - Glitter gems,
Other: Basic Grey - bittersweet element stickers, Adhesive Bling, 3D foam, string from stash,


Thanks for stopping by and sorry I didn't get round to see you last week, hope to catch up over the next few days, Have a fantastic Valentine's day and enjoy a wonderful weekend with your loved ones, BIG HAPPY HuGs Kim XXX

31 comments:

Macpurp said...

This is such a beautiful card!
I love the swirls raised above the image.
love tina x

Katy said...

Gorgeous Kim love this card, the image and detail and your colouring oh what the heck I love it all!! :)

xx

Sammi said...

Oooh Kim! I love this to bits!! It's absolutely gorgeous... just stunning! I LOVE it! Oh, i said that already.. oops! Love the colours and the layout!
xxx

Pearl said...

what a delightful card !

Happy V Day to you too, Kim !

~amy~ said...

Sooo stinkin' sweet...I adore Sugar Nellie images...happy ♥ day!

Lynsey said...

Stunning card Kim!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Kim. I love how the flourishes frame your image - beautiful.

Tara Godfrey said...

Stunning, Kim, absolutely stunning! I love the flourishes stamped on the dp that is brilliant! Your colouring of this sweet image is magnificent! I just love all the hearts...such beautiful inspiration!
Happy valentine's Day, hun!
hugs,t

Jo Nevill said...

Hi Kim

This is just stunning (as always). I love your colouring - such a good idea for a more subtle look. I love the florishes you have used and how you have cut them all out and arranged them so beautifully. Perfect.

Happy Valentine's Day hunny bun !

Hugs,

Jo x

Thea said...

I really love this card, the papers, the image, the layout and colouring, just perfect.

Greetings from holland, Thea

Have a nice weekend

Dawn♥ said...

Kim your card is so very pretty. Love the cut work and the design ROCKS! ♥

debby4000 said...

Stunning, absolutely stunning.

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Absolutely gorgeous, lovin it. I was going to use this stamp for my Valentines card too but changed my mind last minute. It would not have looked anything like yours though!!! Delish. Hope you've had a great day. Hugs, Lainy xxx

Chris said...

An absolutely beautiful card Kim! So much work and attention to detail, it's all fabulous. Love the frame you made from the paper and your gorgeous soft colouring. Hope you had a scrummy Valentine's Day. Chris xxx

Anonymous said...

I love your card, Kim. All that detail in the flourishes and image is fabulous. Beautiful work, Anthea xx.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh beautiful Kim. Hope you had a fab valentines day. Kim

Heather said...

STUNNING!! The image is perfectly coloured - I love the soft feel you've given it and your detailing is second to none. Altogether and amazing creation.
hugs Heather xx

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh so much detail Kim, gorgeous!! Great coloring too!!

Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

Love it to bits Kim, gorgeous colours too!!
Hugs, Marlene x

Lisadwb said...

Gorgeous as usual!! I image reminds me of my Hunter and Hailey. LOL

BTW- Thank you so much for the Happy Mail!! Your card is amazing!!

Janna said...

Wow! This is unbelieveable!! Your coloring is amazing!! I love the way you cut out hte paper to put it on the side and then added the hearts! This card really is a work of art!

Smiles,
janna

Ewonne said...

This is beautiful ♥♥♥ The cut out frame is just fantastic!!!

Helena said...

Stunning card!!! Love the flourish!

xxxx

Helen said...

Beautiful card! Love the colours and the swirl!
Helen x

Iren said...

This was really a cute and lovely card!!! Lovely coloring!

Stacey said...

This is beautiful! I love how you have coloured the image and the element sticker looks perfect! ~x~

Sue said...

Wow this is such a beautiful card, just found your blog from CCSR and you really deserve it, good luck, I will be an avid follower! Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Kim your card is `gorgeous` Hope you had a great Valentines Day:)~X~

Claire said...

Oh wow! Your cards are absolutely amazing!

Tricia said...

holy moly! So many details from the stamped image to all of the elaborate cut outs!

Stamp-o-maticmama said...

darling card

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites