Saturday, May 9

BasicGrey Challenge - #34

The challenge is up on the BasicGrey blog and this weeks it's time to follow Anthea's Great Sketch...

This is a little feel good card for Dillon just to say an Angel watches over him. So a lot less bling then I would have probably gone for otherwise. The wisteria paper was the inspiration behind the way I have coloured my angels. It reminds me of batik with the pale outlines around the flowers and the rich colours blending into each other. But I ended up covering most of the patterned paper in question LOL!

I have stamped the outline in clear embossing powder and coloured using my copic markers. Done twice and raised on dimensional foam! Love the effect may have to try this on other images in my stash now!!! So don't you just Love this tree by Sizzix? (it was in their weekly sale so had to have it) I have cut with grey board covered in BG papers and an extra piece to give dimension to the tree top. I have stamped the sentiment here as for the sketch and also rubbed 'an' with white rub ons but you need to look close to see it! The backing paper was embossed with a sizzix folder. Click images for a close look!



Materials:
Paper: BG - wisteria, MM - naturals, Greyboard
Stamps: Suagr Nellie - Gorjuss Girls2, BG - too sweet,
Ink: Versamark, colourbox, copic markers,
Die's: Nestabilities, Sizzix - tree,
Other: 3D foam, BG - button, Sizzix E.F, clear ep, natural ribbon & thread.

Thanks for stopping by I hope you have a wonderful weekend,
♥ Thanks HuGs Kim x

10 comments:

Tara said...

This just looks amazing Kim, I so love the way you've coloured your Gorjuss image and the tree is so sweet!
Have a great weekend ;o) xx

Macpurp said...

this is stunning! you have coloured this Gorjuss Angel so beautifully!
what a perfect gift to watch over Dillon.

love tina x

Sandie said...

WOW!! I had to find out how you did that image when I saw it on the BG challenge site.. it's absolutely fantastic!!! I really will have to try it. Stunning card!!

Jane Wetzel said...

WOW...I love the tree and the colors on this card are so awesome..love that it is so different...tfs!

CraftyC said...

What a beautiful card Kim, I think your tree is amazing!
Clairexx

Jo Nevill said...

Absolutely stunning Kim. I love it all and especially how you have coloured the Gorguss girl. Mollie has been learning all about Batik at school and loved it.

Shame I missed the tree on the Sizzix site :o(

Give Dillon a hug from me !

Have a good week. Hugs to you too.

Jo x

Minxy said...

OMG this is just the most stunning card, i absolutly adore this image and you've really done it justice.

Your work in CS Mag totally inspired me and i even had a go at the project {in my own way}

I've added you to my blog inspiration list, hope thats ok as i'll definatly be stopping by often, your work ROCKS!

Hugs Nicky {minxy}

Chris said...

Hi Kim, your card is fabulous! It's obvious all the love that went into this special card for your little Angel. The clear embossed image is a brilliant idea, it has an ethereal quality to it which is perfect for an angel. Love that tree too, looks like you got a great bargain with that. Hugs to Dillon and you all. Chris xx

zita said...

oh such a lovely card for dillon, give him big cuddles from me x

Dawn said...

Wow Kim you just make the most fantastic cards with such original ideas...

Hugs
Dawn
xx

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites