Monday, August 31

From the Desk of Teach, Cuttlebug Challenge #46 using Card Patterns Sketch.

I have been trying to put this post on for the past two days, how does that happen? So, Dillon will be starting back at school on Thursday and thought I would go ahead and make something for his teacher's desk which follows the Cuttlebug challenge be inspired #46 very nicely, also I bought a couple of Lauren Meaders timeless templates and fully utilised them for this project...

I altered the from the desk of template slightly to accommodate larger A6 cards but went a slightly different route... The back section houses a note card holder the all boxed up template, also altered slightly to fit snugly into the back section. More details lower down this post.

Don't you just ADORE this new line of scrumptious papers from the fabulous Cosmo Cricket? Well I very quickly got my grubby hands on some 6x6 mini pads and set to work cutting into them as soon as they arrived. I then went ahead and covered this desk box in some of the fabulous patterns, the Kraft goes so well. I have coloured the flower and leaves with my copics inspired from the papers and aged ever so slightly with some of Tim's distress inks. The 'Teach' title I have die cut and coloured with distress inks too, they came out so well.

And what desk set wouldn't be complete without wooden ruler and pencils and some little biscuit snack munchies, housed in this adorable satchel bag...

So, I won this X large die when I won a sizzix comp and this was the perfect time to give it some use, I have embellished it with buckles and some ribbon, using some fab Cosmo Cricket papers from a while back.

This is the notecard holder using the all boxed up template, it houses eight handmade note cards and coordinating envelopes. The front clasp is secured using a magnetic snap, fabulous item! I've tried to replicate an old book with worn stitching, mmm with more great paper?

As the title mentions I very loosely used the Cards pattern Sketch #29 but I didn't get it published on my blog quick enough still a lovely sketch... half are hello and the rest say thanks. You know... those little notes home!


Well I think my list of supplies might be as long as the post itself LOL!
Supplies: Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket: large selection new and old; PTI: Kraft; Stamps: PTI: Friends 'til the end; CHF - Kim Hughes -'Scripty words'; Bold Curls; Lined paper background; Ink: Momento: black; colourbox; Pallette: white; markers: copic; Tim's Distress inks; Die's: Nestabilities: label1; Circles; Sizzix: Alphabet; XL: Horizontal note; envelope; bag, favor; leaves and branches; buckle; Hearts & paisley; corner rounder; Cutb'g: embossing folder; Fiskars: apron lace; Other: grey board; Big Bite and eyelets; adhesive pearls & stones; natural thread; staples; 3D foam;

Phew, are you still here? there's some exciting news on the horizon so watch this space... Also pop back tomorrow for my ICSketches card... Thanks for stopping by and apologies if I've missed deets that you would like to know more of... just yell! HuGs Kim :)

6 comments:

Amy said...

This is wonderful, it's the cutest desk set I've ever seen!

Rosemary said...

wow!!..you did awesome with all the different projects. Very well done and oh some teacher is going to love it!! Thank you for taking the challenge at www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Carolyn said...

What a great project Kim. What a lucky teacher.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

`WoW` Kim you `Rocked` this Challenge...absolutly `Fabulous` I love the card you used for those cards...TFS
Thanks for joining in with the Cuttlebug Challenge...
terrie

http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

csroyal said...

Wow, Kim! Terrific! Fabulous!Wonderful! Glad you joined us with Be Inspired at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot.

Cindy
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Jo Nevill said...

My goodness, what a lucky teacher ! I hope she liked her gift ? These are just amazing Kim, what a talented lady you are.

Hugs,

Jo x

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites