Thursday, May 6

Birthday Celebrations Easel Card!

Thought I would take part in the Dare over at Daring Cardmakers this week the challenge is to make a shaped easel card... This also fits very nicely for the birthday celebrations challenge over at Simon says too :)


It's not exactly a different shape I just curved the top corners to follow the label die cut. So, I needed a card for someone who totally loves horses, then I remembered these Gorjuss images and edited the unicorn slightly to make it more horsey, tee hee! I have printed it twice and fussy cut one to layer over the other with dimensional foam. The rosette I made from adhering the ribbon in pleats around the circle and embellishing with die cut numbers. The charm I have attached with a little bead bling made by yours truly!





Supplies: Patterned Paper: K&Co: Amy butler;
Images: Gorjuss Art: pack 24; PTI: sentiment;
Ink: Archival: black; distress ink: antique linen;
Dies: Sizzix: tags; alphabet; Spellbinder's nestabilties: labels 8; circles scallop; WRMK; corner rounder; 
Other: chip board; BG: brad; ribbon; Quixotic: horse charm; beads etc; 3D foam;

Thanks for stopping by today and I'm so pleased you enjoyed my little tutorial yesterday. HuGs Kim :)

7 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

This is utterly gorgeous Kim! Love the beautiful, soft colors and the little charm hanging off the bow is a wonderful touch. Fab job!

Lythan said...

What an absolutely amazing card Kim. Thanks for playing along with DCM this week :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Love it Kim!!

Kathy said...

Fantastic, my horse-mad niece would appreciate this one too

Rachael said...

WOW!!! This is one of the most amazingly gorgeous cards I've ever seen! You did a BEAUTIFUL job on it! Thanks so much for the eye feast!

Hugs,

Rachael

Jo Nevill said...

Absolutely stunning Kim as always. Love the image you have used and your gorgeous papers. Love the rosette too - very clever.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge hunny pie !

Hugs,

Jo and the Simon Says Challenge DT x

Michelle said...

I so spend my time for cardmaking and i do want to make a card such as this.

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites