Wednesday, June 9

Wild Card Wednesday ~ Shrinky Clip Board Magnets

Hello, today is Wild Card Wednesday over at Club Anya & Friends and I thought I would make something a little different from the usual card... but still use the wonderful sketch by the fabulous Kelly!!!

These little clipboards have pockets in, thought I might want to send them a dinky little note or remember something special for them to keep in there (haven't got to that bit yet and it's not like Maoleidigh can read yet... she certainly tries though, bless her!)

Of course I HAD to do a boy for Dillon and girly for Maoleidigh! Loving Tim's patterned papers, great blues and pinks, the prints remind me of photographs somehow, so fab!!!

I wanted to show the close up of my little experimenting tee hee! I have glued the lace and string in place, then applied a generous amount of clear crackle rock candy. Just LOVE the encased look and it keeps it a little more child friendly too.

Now for the main images I have die cut the frosted shrink plastic from the largest oval nestie. I stamped the wonderful Oliver & Amelia onto the shiny side of the plastic, heat to shrink and coloured the frosted back with my copics, they do bleed a little (also tricky to see where your going) and some parts are messy. it changes with the angle too! I have glued the finished piece onto white card to show the colours!

To finish the back I like to punch little circles to allow for the magnets. Then attached the clip to the top!!!

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Tim Holtz: Shabby Chic; Shrink plastic: frosted;
Stamps: The Greeting Farm: OA - my favorite thing; happy day;
Ink: Archival: black; Copic: markers; Adirondack: paint dabbers;
Dies: Spellbinder's nestabilities: ovals; Sizzix: clipboard & holder;
Martha Stewart: border punch; circle punch;
Other: Glossy accents; Clear rock candy: crackle paint; natural twine; Prima: lace; BasicGrey: magnets; clips; 3D foam;
 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by today, hope it inspires! So, Dillon's off to the National gallery today with his school, wishing I was there too :)
HuGs Kim :) 

9 comments:

Marja Sch said...

Oh so lovely:) Marja

Claireabelle said...

Kim these are just fabulous! Great idea too
x

donna mikasa said...

These are fabulous, Kim! Got to find my shrink plastic!

♥Rach♥ said...

OMGosh, how cute and creative Kim, love your projects!!

Macpurp said...

what a fab idea!!

love teen x

Julie said...

These are very cute.

Pam Varnell said...

These are gorgeous Kim. Love how you made clipboards using the sketch. And the shrinky dinks, awesome!!!

June Houck said...

These are so precious! Sorry I have not been by in so long...I see your beautiful creativity is still going strong :)

Alice said...

wonderful project!! very pretty!! love the rock candy look!!

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites