Wednesday, September 29

Gift It ~ Quixotic Challenge

It's time for Quixotic Challenge and this weeks' has been set by the wonderful Rowena...

'GIFT IT'
Create a gift project - calendar/candle/trinket box/wall hanger/etc.
The Design Team have some wonderful inspiration to share...
I thought I would try my hand at altering an ornate plate, it's a little something I saw at Ally Pally show and as I have a melt pot I HAD to try...
 
I've melted some cosmic shimmer embossing powder and poured into the plate, then dropped in the rose charm waited for it to cool then secured the back.
I have inked up this little angel charm to age and distress it, so it toned in with the ornate plate!
Also the ball chain was shockingly bright and clean so I inked that up too!
The box has been cut and inked, I decided to stamp the sentiment on the inside...
then the beautiful tree & birds silhouette on the box top.
 
Supplies: Patterned Paper: fancy pants: roadshow;
Stamps: Paper Makeup: Nature's song set;
Ink: Memento: black; Ranger: distress inks: vintage photo; Alcohol inks;
Dies: Sizzix: shaker box;
Other: Tim Holtz: ornate plate; jump rings; trinket charms; ball chain; Cosmic shimmer: embossing powder; paint dabber; melt pot;

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you have a wonderfully creative day!!!
BiG HuGs Kim :)

5 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

So, did you have to eat some cakes to make it ? !

Absolutely stunning Kim, what an amazing pressie for someone special.

Hugs,

Jo xx

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Kim, what a gorgeous gift for someone :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Saskia said...

Beautiful gift in a beautiful box!! :)

Saskia :)

Tasha said...

Oh my gosh AMAZING altering - hat is really fabulous. I love the box you made too
love tasha xx

Jessica Diedrich said...

You MADE this?!?! OMGOSH I so wish I could make jewelry-this piece is SO SO gorgous Its exactly what i would wear. How did you do it??? I absolutely love it and the box is darling!

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites