Saturday, April 7

Creative Chemistry 101 Class


Although not quite, I'm still playing and have a week of creative homework to catch up on.

Creative Chemistry class was amazing, Not only do you get great techniques but you get great knowledge of the products themselves.  If you understand what it is and how it works you know why they work the way they do. Tim has such as ease explaining the chemistry behind paints, inks, stains, markers.
I loved hearing Tim talk about how he got started in the business, why he doesn’t clean stamps, how Distress Inks came to be.

So, these are my tags from week 1:

Day 2: included, Blended Spritz & Flick Technique, Brushless Watercolor Technique and Wrinkle-Free Distress Technique...


Day 3: included Alcohol Ink Agates Technique, Archival Resist Technique and Stamping with Reflections Technique which I wasn't really able to complete without the reflections stamps!


Wanted to explain too the difference in my samples here, was a bit frustrated that I only had three colours of archival (I know!!!) so went ahead and ordered a whole load of gorgeous colours! Well, after not being too impressed with the one on the right I thought I would have a go with my Adirondack dye inks which worked exactly as Tim demonstrated in class, phew, not sure I needed to order the archival but like the colours that arrive.

Day 4:  included Watercoloring with Re-inkers Technique, Layered Misting Technique and Custom Stamp Pad Technique.


Day 5: included Stained Kraft Resist Technique, Stamping with Stains Technique and Marbled Stains Technique.


I wish you all a wonderful Easter weekend hope the Easter bunny brings you lots of choccy goodies!!!
BiG HuGs Kim :)


7 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

What a wonderful selection of tags, love all your images too. Happy Easter. Tracy x

Sarah said...

these are all fabulous tags and so creative...you can never have too many inks...!

Kim Dellow said...

Glad you had fun in the class Kim, I'm sure you will still use the new inks LOL! Kim

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing
I really like

Mihaela said...

WOW, colors are gorgeous!!!

Sue D said...

I came over from Moxie Fab World--great job on these tags.

Minxy said...

I've still not managed to finish my chem101 tags,, maybe that's what I should do today, not ben by for a while, and I see neither have you, Hope all is well with you xx

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites