Friday, August 29

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #2 ~ Picture Inspiration

 Today is the next challenge over at the Paperbabe Stamps blog...

We have a picture for inspiration and wait to you see the amazing projects from the team to help jumpstart your creativity...

I went for a little folky play, the picture inspiration just seems to lend itself very well to folk fabrique Stamp set, 
I needed an anniversary card and thought of cramming the folk images into a heart. I placed my heart die under my acrylic block (stamp press for this occasion) then fitted the individual images into the shape.
I love the mirror images in the set, they really help with this sort of stuff!
So, this is just my worksheet test piece to plan my layout and colours, I will keep it somewhere to recreate one day(when I rediscover it while tidying up my workspace).
The colours... they really aren't my usual palette, love the turquoise, blues but purples are challenging... I went with it!
 I stamped the images for each colour I've planned, 
removed some stamps, then replaced some, 
and continued in this manner till I had completed my heart shape.
I felt the heart although there, was really asking for a little help, so...
I Die cut the heart from double sided sticky sheet (the glue one, not the tape one) then ever so carefully laid it over the stamped image phew, bit tricky. I left the backing on to add some distress ink to define the heart.
It is for an anniversary so I covered the sticky heart with glitter. 
I used Happy thoughts stamp set to fit on the die cut banner, the 'together' sentiment is stamped inside.
and here's the close up of the twinkly sparkliness, is that not very yummy?!!!
This card was so easy to make that I made four (as I was stamping so that it was one colour at a time etc etc... talk about mass produce and proper sized cards too, I just need to add different sentiments.

I do hope you pop along and have a go at our Challenge,
Have a wonderfully creative day!
BiG huGs Kim x


1 comment:

Chris said...

Love it Kim! What a great step by step and I love the glitter. Xx

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites