Friday, September 16

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #42 ~ Wings Challenge

Good Morning, wow has it been two weeks already?...
There's so much going on behind the scenes I forget to add interesting posts to my blog, well at least my fortnightly challenges keep me active on here, we have a lovely theme challenge over on the Paperbabe Stamps blog today...
It's all about wings, so I went for a special fairy she has a butterfly friend (obviously). I started by drawing my fairy using the curly fringe style from the mini profile templates and the winter fairy wingswith plain old pencil and drew her a hand too using mini poseable hand as her friend needed a perch.
I have stamped her features with the coordinating face stamp with either grey or black inks. The butterfly was created using the butterfly pieridae set, I masked the large wing before stamping the back wing, I just love how well this works :)
So, the whole thing was coloured using copic markers, yum It's been awhile since I've coloured anything quite so big, I cut an A4 to 6", I had done the whole sheet but didn't like the arm placement so trimmed the bottom off, as you do.
 
I was trying to achieve a soft nearly watercolour look with my copic colour choices, it was quite a challenge. Her wing didn't come out as I had imagined and I ended up covering the whole thing in wink of stella glitter.
I then decided to make this a tri fold card and finished off with an adorable little sentiment from the whimsical woodland set 1(fox)

click pics for links


I'm also combining my card with a few other challenges...
Simon says stamp wednesday challenge ~ CAS (mines just one layer)
Anything but cute ~ Friendships
Addictedtostamps #211 ~ Anything Goes
Colourq ~ 359 Ultimate
Crafting from the Heart ~ anything goes
Southern Ridge Trading Company ~ Use Favorites (fairies, butterflies, templates, copics)
Ike's world challenge  ~ 72 Things that fly
Broken fairy challenge ~ Anything Goes and Wings

Thanks for stopping by, I am currently busy creating samples for our next release, 
it's quite different, eek! Enjoy a wonderfully creative weekend!!!
Big HuGs Kim x

14 comments:

Bobby said...

The way this card came together really intrigued me. The coloring is beautifully done. I'm so glad you share this with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Suzanne C said...

Sweet pixie and lovely design! Thanks for playing in the "Things with Wings" challenge with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge.

Sall said...

Absolutely stunning. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent and imagination at work. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Deb said...

A beautiful and whimsical card, love the Wink Of Stella, adds the perfect touch of fairy dust! Thank you for joining the 'Your Favourites' challenge at Southern Ridge Trading Company this month, Deb xo

Silke Ledlow said...

Very cool card....love how you applied the CQC colors! Thank you for playing along!

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks so much for linking up at ColourQ.

ike said...

OMGoodness - totally mindblowing !! I just love the beauty of this face and the soft ethereal colouring. A gorgeous creation :-D
Thank you for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.
Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the trifold! Great colouring...

Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Susan
DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Redanne said...

Kim, your colouring is always incredible, you have made her face and hand look so realistic and her butterfly friend is delightful! A stunning card.

Thank you so much too, for joining in our Friendship challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs, Anne xx

sarascloset said...

Kim, this is such a sweet design and you have colored it so beautifully! Indeed the fairy, butterfly, and the background look so magical! Thank you for joining our Friendship challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Katelyn said...

Beautiful card Kim! Your colouring is amazing! Thanks for playing along on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
-Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Kim! The image is so pretty and so beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Pat said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Ike's World Challenge Blog.

Vintagehandmade said...

Amazing card with such a fabulous coloring! What a super creative creation this is! Thank you so much for joining in our 'Friendship' challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT x

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites